Property Monster co (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://propertymonster.co/ (“website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, post material on our website, carry out transactions or make payments through our site, report problems with our website or carry out any other activities on our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and other personal information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Purpose of information collected
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
For the purposes mentioned above and for reporting purposes, your Personal Information may be shared with our group companies either in Malaysia or overseas (if any), our legally affiliated entities; and related parties, if Brickvestor is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, Website or operations in connection with such transactions. We may contact you at the email address or any other contact methods which you provide to us for the purposes listed above.
Property Monster may also disclose or use your Personal Information where we believe it necessary to implement our terms of service or the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary in relation to law enforcement activities, a permitted general situation exists or it is otherwise required by law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements between you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage and retention of personal data
Your personal data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices, our associate’s offices or stored in servers located in Malaysia and operated by us or our service providers. Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary to satisfy any legal, regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
are responsible for ensuring that the data that you provide to us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such data is kept up-to-date, and you shall promptly keep us informed in the event the data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date and you shall provide us the true, accurate, complete, and updated data.
Marketing and promotion
We may contact you from time to time for marketing and promotional purposes by email, mail or phone. Subject to your rights to opt out from receiving such contact, your consent is provided on an ongoing basis. If you would rather not receive any promotional or marketing correspondence from us, you can opt-out at any time by letting us know and we will not contact you further for these purposes.If you wish to opt out of receiving Newsletters or any electronic marketing and promotional messages, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the message that you have received.
Subject to the foregoing clauses, your election not to receive promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not preclude us from:
- corresponding with you by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us,
- accessing and viewing your Personal Information in the course of maintaining and improving our database and the website; or
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure, and to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access or other unlawful forms of processing are implemented. For users of the Website, however, please note that due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Personal Information stored in our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and to the extent permitted by law, we cannot be responsible for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Users are also reminded that they will need to keep their log in details such as usernames and passwords confidential.